While the Lake Powell Utah area in Eastern Kane County had a slow first quarter, Kane county, including Kanab, as a whole did very well.
A total of $4,940,000 worth of property sold during the first quarter.
- The average selling price was $197,608
- The average listing price was $208,412
- During the same quarter in 2007 $9,661,000 worth of property sold in Kane County. There was two large land purchases that accounted for a bit over $4,000,000 of the sales however. In removing those two sales, purchase numbers are pretty much inline for 2008.
For the Lake Powell Utah towns of Big Water, Church Wells, Paria and Clark Bench the following occurred in the first quarter:
- 2 Properties Sold for an average of $54,500
- Both were single family lots
- There were no homes or mobile homes that sold during the first quarter.
For Kane County as a whole including Kanab
- 1 Commercial Building Sold
- 2 Manufactured Homes Sold
- 11 Single Family Homes sold
- 8 Single Family Building Lots sold
- 1 Vacant Lot sold
- 2 Town Homes sold