February 14, 2010 Update – Photos from tour of Amangiri and new villa information at Amangiri Lake Powell on the Lake Powell Real Estate Blog.
The May 6th issue of the Lake Powell Chronicle had a front page article on the Amangiri Resort and Spa. There were several interesting items to note:
- Canyon Land Development and Kane County, Utah, are finishing up an agreement and setting boundary lines for a new town to be called Canyon Point, Utah, which will encompass the Amangiri Resort.
- Besides the planned 31 Villas there are now plans to build 50 to 100 single family homes at the site.
- The Amangiri Lodge is to be completed by mid-September as well as the first eight of the 31 villas.
- The developer plans on Canyon Point eventually having a post office, retail stores and restaurants and being a small, upscale community.
- Rooms at Amangiri will start at $900 a night.
- Villas begin at $9 million.
- Currently the project is 600 acres but if zoning goes through it could increase to 1,870 acres.
- Details on what the resort will eventually include are still being worked out, but according to Homi Vazifdar items will be included that compliment the surroundings.